Countdowns

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Pink Saturday



Hello, fellow pink lovers! This is my first time to participate in Beverly's Pink Saturday. If you aren't familiar with this event, check it out, or better yet, join the fun and post some photos showing anything pink. Some say that diamonds are a girl's best friend, but I truly believe that honor belongs to all things pink. Pink is such a happy color. I find it hard to be down or our of sorts when I think pink!

Here is a photo of a table that I did around Valentine's Day. I use a lot of red and white and red and black and just plain red for Valentine's, but enough is enough of the Cupid and heart color. I mean, red is so often associated with rage or being mad. Valentine's Day is a celebration of love and all things romantic. Since my anniversary is in early February right around V Day, I decided to go for something much more delicate and eye-pleasing for one of my tables.

Another view of table

Closeup of dishes, tureen and cherubs


It was cold and definitely soup weather during that time, so I pulled out a soup tureen and my new (TS find) dishes featuring very pretty pink roses and pulled this table together. The soup tureen and the pale pink tablecloth and the gingham cloth napkins were also TS finds. Gee, after 36 years of marriage, one has learned to be thrifty and to finally enjoy the hunt for wonderful gently used items. In my early years of marriage, I would have cringed at the thought of this---even though money was very tight during the early years as I was finishing school. Now, I thrift store browse and shop because I WANT to. I enjoy the hunt almost as much as the booty.
Even the pink candle holders shown were a thrifty purchase. I picked up several sets of these in the bright pink and also in green from Dollar General at 75% off. They were practically free! Also, the dessert plates (you can see over on the back right hand side of the photos) were found at T.J. Maxx on clearance for $2 for all four!

Although they are much brighter than all the pastels, I think the table needed a little punch..

I hope you enjoyed looking at my pink table. I have many, many more pink things to share and I will be back next week. Thank you, Beverly, for hosting such a fun event. Be sure to click on Beverly's site to see her items and also all the links of other pink enthusiasts.

34 comments:

  1. Does anyone know how to keep my photos from chopping off the right hand side? This happened to me in my very first post several weeks ago. I lost the view of the entire table somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dishes. Welcome to Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely table setting - Welcome to Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Pink Saturday! What a pretty pink setting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pink table!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    ♥ Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Pink Saturday
    beautiful table
    I love the two hands holding the angel
    I am computer challenged so I can't give you an answer about your picture but I can ask around for you
    thanks for joining us for Pink Saturday
    Happy Fathers Day to your husband
    hugs
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very inviting table.Happy Pink Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your dishes! I am a Christmas nut too; glad I'm not alone! Welcome to Pink Saturday and enjoy your weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to your first Pink Saturday, Felecia.

    Your table looks so pretty - soft, inviting and romantic. I love the hands embracing the cherub. And, your tureen reminds me of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, Pink really is such a lovely color. How nice too - pink for Valentines day. :-)

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Pink Saturday Post! I'm literally adicted to the color, you should see my house. Welcome to Beverly's Saturday fun full of pink and wonderful blogs☺

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those angels are a great decor on your Valentine table. Welcome to PS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What pretty plates - such a great find. Your table looks so welcoming. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a wonderful table setting. Happy pink saturday to you love and hugs, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  15. The pink on the dishes was pretty, but I'm more interested in that pork loin below them! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely table setting! I think the pink gingham napkins are the perfect touch! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness!.. What a BEAUTIFUL table!.. and you're not afraid to say when, where, and how much they cost you! I LOVE that!! I love the thrill of a bargain!.. and in this case how beautiful it can be!!! Welcome to Pink Saturday, and hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome to PiNk SaTuRday! A beautiful PiNk table setting! :) Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely tablescape. Thank you for sharing it with us. Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am really beginning to look forward to Pink Saturday. Guess I had better get with it. This is beautiful today. Love the angels. Blessings
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welcome and Happy Pink Saturday!

    Lovely table setting for anytime of the year!

    Blessings,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty table. I see lots and lots and lots of cherubs when I am out visiting yard sales. I always pass them up! Hmmmm - maybe I should rethink that! Pink Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful, happy 1st pink saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pretty table! I like the pink-rimmed dishes in the back right corner. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your Pinks are great! and your Angels are lovely!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello and Welcome to your very first Pink Saturday. You are going to love it. Love your table. Have a great weekend.

    Hgus;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Pink Saturday on Sunday. What a very lovely post that was! Hope your day is full of love and happiness.

    xJ
    MaidenShade.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ohh I do love dishes add some pink and... yummy!!!

    I've enjoyed your blog and will be back to visit.

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  29. what a sweet valentine table, and so romantic! i love thrifting too!! happy pink week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy PINK to you! I know you will love PINK Saturday's..there are so many nice ladies to meet. :0)

    Have a great week,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love pink and cherubs so sweet!Have a Happy Pink Saturday! Denise

    ReplyDelete
  32. Pink is so favorite colour of girls.So in Saturday to spent day we have to choose colour that she has to like.Form that she believe that she is happy with you.

    r4i software

    ReplyDelete