Countdowns

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Blue Monday and Teapots




Smiling Sally loves the color blue. so, each week she has this wonderful blog event where everyone can post a photo of something blue. Blue is a close second in my love of colors and I am excited to join her party today for the first time. Be sure to click on the link above to see Sally's submission for this week and for links to all the others who participate.

I have a new fascination for teapots. Now, it is important to note that as of last week that I didn't even own a teapot, but I decided that I wanted to change that. So, I went out thrifting with the goal of finding a teapot that I really liked and at a bargain price. I visited numerous places and found many that were wonderful, but had chips, broken spouts or some blemish that I wasn't willing to accept. So, I drifted into several downtown antique stores. There I didn't have much luck.

There is one store that is going out of business after many years in operation in our little town. I spent a long time browsing all the wonderful items that are discounted from 30-50%, but alas, no teapots. However, they did have numerous silver tea service sets, and although I have always admired the beauty of these, that isn't what I want at the moment. I almost buckled and bought one that was very pretty without a lot of the intricate detail that I don't like. But, I decided to stick with my quest for a teapot.

I found several that would have been nice to own, but they just were too "froo froo" for me. So, I continued to look.

I did find one that was rather unusual and it is blue, but I will be showing it off on Tuesday at Barb's Tea Party at Grits and Glamour. So, I decided that I would look for something else to show off today on Blue Monday. Then, I remembered the photos that I had taken while I was out shopping!

I had found a cute blue teapot early in my shopping excursion that I almost bought. It is something that I liked, but I ran across it early and sort of filed it away and forgot about it until I went through my photos. So, I decided to show it to you today. In fact, I just may go back and buy this one for myself.

Here is the little teapot, short and stout
When I didn't buy it, it surely did pout.

Photobucket

Thanks Sally for hosting this event. I can't wait to see all the Blue Monday items this week.

12 comments:

  1. That is a neat little tea pot. Go get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet blue teapot! That is just adorable. I see why you like it.

    Happy Blue Monday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is cute! You should definitely go back for it. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little teapot. Definitely go back and buy it. It is such a pretty shade of blue.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the lines of it. It's adorable. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree...go back and buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful blue. Go for it! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely little blue teapot. Great pattern! I'd definitely go back for that one!

    Your tablescape header is beautiful!

    Thanks for sharing

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty little teapot. I hope you go back and get it. It would be a lovely way to start your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. An adorable teapot! Hope it's still there waiting for you. Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Blue tea pot!!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete