Countdowns

Monday, June 22, 2009

Teatime Tuesday on the Front Porch


It is once again time to enjoy Barb at Grits and Glamour for her Teatime Tuesday party. Barb is on vacation, but being the gracious hostess that she is, she is still holding this event. In fact, you have a wonderful tour of her party this week as she holds a virtual tea party with decadent looking desserts and beautiful china. This is surely on of the best parties that I have attended.

So, let's move on and take time to
Photobucket

I love tea and have always admired teapots, but have never had one. I used a teakettle to make hot tea. After joining blogland lately, I decided that I HAD to have a teapot or two. I am not into frilly or froo froo things. Don't get me wrong, I love these things, but they are just not me. I love dishes and glassware, but I am more of a homestyle girl. So, while looking for teapots, I kept this in mind.

I set out over the weekend looking for something to use so that I could participate in this event today. I first found a cute little off-white teapot that I practically stole. It was just calling, "Take me home" and I did. But, I haven't had inspiration yet in how to use it or which dishes to pair up with it. So, the hunt continued. I actually bought 4. None of them are fancy or expensive, but they each spoke to me.

I decided to go with the more whimsical one for my first ever blog teatime.

I also found that cute little sign above while I was shopping and just had to have it, too.

Photobucket
I just somehow liked the look of this little teapot. It is nothing special, but something that I instantly liked. Maybe, it is the color.

Here is a close-up of it.

Photobucket

I hope you enjoyed by little teatime today. The tea was great,
Photobucket
but I really have to get busy and do some baking before the next event. I attended the funeral of a favorite uncle yesterday, so this little time for me was very welcome today.

Please be sure to go to Barb's site to view her virtual teatime and access the links to all the other parties.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Yawl, come back and visit us.

13 comments:

  1. I love the blue and white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that teacup! So cute!! A nice break. Thanks!
    Enjoy your week!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Felecia! I love your teapot and that teacup and saucer is great, too. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that blue tea pot!!

    thanks for coming by.

    blessings,
    Barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the teapot, great choice. And the teacup and linens are beautiful. Thanks for the tea! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blue and white teapot. Very unique

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Felecia. your tea things are so pretty. I especially love the blue and white teapot. Everything is wonderful.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the color of your teapot too. And I love how the tea cup has tea pots on it. Sorry to hear about your uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blue and white tea! Lovely!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! I like your blue and white tea pot and cup and saucer!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very lovely ! I too didn't have any teapots and had to start collecting them...I have about 10 or so - mostly used...LOL !
    Hugs ~ Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Once you start, look out. Tea pots are addictive! - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please dont forget to join in on Tea Time Tuesday July 9th
    kate

    ReplyDelete